Claims System Integration Program - August 2011 to September 2015
A large insurance / benefits provider undertook a major project to replace their legacy claim systems. They selected an SAP solution as their new Claims Processing System (CPS) and an SAP implementer as their partner to assist them in implementing and customizing SAP. Protegra was one of the partners selected to assist the client with adapting and re-writing existing systems that integrate with the Claims Processing System.
The Protegra team of over thirty consultants provided analysis, design, development and joint project management with the client. Protegra’s
scope included over 100 projects across five project streams, and support during extensive testing and post go live stabilization, including:
- Web Application Stream - refresh and update of the website to extend the capabilities for the launch of CPS
- Client Administration Stream - enhancements to the enrollment & billing systems to support integration with CPS
- Data Warehouse and Reporting - consolidation of all corporate data into a single repository with implementation of a new reporting tool and replacement of some legacy reports
- Query Stream - development of internal customer service dashboard with sophisticated search & query capabilities across client, member and business partner data
- Data Conversion - conversion of legacy data to the new systems
The Protegra mandate involved a highly complicated business domain with multiple internal and external consulting teams working closely together to analyze, design and develop the changes required to support the new claims processing system. Protegra's senior developers provided key performance tuning and defect correction on the applications developed to ensure business expectations were met.